Listen on the Pgh Dreamer’s Pod: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/meghan-greenwood
Failure may have negative undertones or make you feel like you’re not enough, but there is actually a lot of good that can come from failing. Here are 5 benefits to failure:
- It helps you weed out what does and does not work. If you try something and do not succeed, next time you know what not to do.
- It provides new paths. With long-term goals, a failed step in the journey can really help you to pivot and change course to something more aligned with your destination.
- It fosters a growth mindset. If we didn’t have some setbacks in life, would we ever try improve? Failure helps point out our strengths & weaknesses.
- It can help us realize what actually matters…and what is frivolous. When it comes to our priorities, sometimes we get caught in the weeds. Failure can reset that bar.
- It teaches resilience and humility. We are not perfect. And from a very young age, we need to learn how to bounce back, with grace. Failure helps instill those values.
So don’t be afraid to try and fall. You’ll learn a lot from each attempt.