Wrapped up in our own day-to-day, we can all use a reminder. Here are 5 ways to be a better friend:
- Reach out first. Don’t wait for your friend to contact you. If they’re important enough, be proactive.
- Be considerate. Even our best of friends may be going through a lot at any given moment. Regardless, their life is different than yours. Don’t expect immediate responses or that girls’ night to be planned quickly. Give them grace.
- Make some plans. Maybe it’s been a while or you’re noticing the stress in his voice. Suggest a meet-up or plan a workout together. Bonus points for spontaneity!
- Send a surprise. It can be an actual, physical gift or even a GIF or Meme that reminded you of them. It all counts!
- Ask about them. Often, we get into a rhythm with a friend where we sit around for 30 minutes and never find out what’s truly going on inside the other person. Maybe you’re a monopolizer or having just too much fun reminiscing! Ask them point blank and hopefully they’ll share.
Listen to the podcast: https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/3f8vW4Zq8xb